Out of the ordinary Vieser floor drains were a spot on choice for Hakala family.
Riku Hakala lives with his family in a gorgeous home in Turku. The building was built at the end of the 19th century. It used to be a brewery, but it was later fully renovated to being habitable. The family Hakala wanted to combine new and old elements in their home. Both of their bathrooms are equipped with Vieser floor drains which fit to the rooms better than more traditional solutions due to their out of the ordinary shape.
– This is my wife’s childhood home. When her father was about to put this on the market, we decided to buy it and settle here, Hakala thinks back.
– Because this is an old brewery, it still has this sort of an industrial look to it. To balance that out, we wanted the bathrooms to have a certain kind of tranquility and calmness, Hakala continues.
Vieser helped to choose the best solution
The Hakalas opted for quality and time lasting solutions in the material and furnishing choices they made. Therefore, there are still old and original pieces and parts to be seen among the more modern and newer solutions.
– We have the Vieser floor drains in both of our bathrooms. The other one has a Vieser Line floor drain system and the other one has a Vieser Corner triangular floor drain. We wanted to choose a solution which fits the given room the best, Hakala says.
– In our opinion, these Vieser floor drains are also fit for renovation projects. The installers had no problems whatsoever. Vieser offered us help with the technical solutions as well as with the appearance and design, Hakala praises.
Maintenance is very easy
According to Hakala, the whole family has been very satisfied with the end result – it looks and feels exactly how they envisioned it in the planning phase.
– The floor drains have turned out to be a spot on choice in practice, as it’s so easy to maintain them clean, Hakala describes.
– If you don’t want your new or renovated bathroom to have the traditional square grid floor drain in the middle of the floor, this is an excellent alternative to that, Hakala summarizes.
– If you don’t want your new or renovated bathroom to have the traditional square grid floor drain in the middle of the floor, this is an excellent alternative to that.Riku Hakala